Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Reformation Seminary Starts Thursday, March 21st, 2024.

Designed by Norma A. Boeckler

Members and friends of Bethany Lutheran Church were asking about classes in Biblical doctrine. Someone suggested "a seminary," which is a good way organize the work. If I had looked into the future, I would not have imagined Ustream - our first broadcasting effort, Vimeo - our second, and Zoom - the most complicated and effective combination for speaking and music.

I am teaching fewer graduate classes in the Bible now, so I have more time and energy to do this. If people want to contribute, that is fine but not required. We only have one church account, for Bethany Lutheran Church, which is registered for non-profit status.

I am not sure how all this will develop, but I am happy to provide the basics of Biblical doctrine, following the examples of Martin Luther, Philip Melanchthon, and Martin Chemnitz. We will have discussion opportunities in the future. Picking times will be a challenge, but each session will be recorded and saved first on Ichabod and also on the Reformation Seminary blog.

I plan on teaching Thursday, March 21st, 2024. I will send notices and the basics by Zoom email. I am looking forward to the experience. 

Lectures will not be any longer than 30 minutes, and discussions may follow.

The Seminary blog is here - Reformation Seminary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video on the Synoptics Gospels - Matthew, Mark, and Luke

  Synoptics - or Synoptics Gospels - Matthew, Mark, and Luke are "seen together" because they share the same-but-different content...